Monday, March 1, 2010

Cleveland Magazine Article

Good morning folks:
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Jim Vickers, Managing Editor of Cleveland Magazine emailed me for an interview about the blog..Below is the result..Part of the "City Life" column..


TV Guy

Tim Lones reruns media memories on the Web.

Jim Vickers

It’s one thing to fondly recall the days of Barnaby. It’s quite another to dig through 35-year-old television channel lineups to remind us all that WEWS-TV5 ran Hoppity Hooper at 12:30 p.m. on June 19, 1965.

But unearthing these tiny memory-joggers is what makes Tim Lones’ Cleveland Classic Media blog (clevelandclassicmedia.blogspot.com) so interesting. He seeks out the old photographs and collects advertisements that promoted WKYC-TV-3 weatherman Wally Kinnan and reminded us all that “The Greatest of the Great Movies Are on WJW TV 8.”

“I was really into TV geekery as a kid,” Lones says. “They called me ‘the walking TV Guide’ when I was little. I could quote you whatever was on that night. Of course, we only had three channels then.”

In January, the 52-year-old Canton resident took Cleveland Classic Media to Facebook, where fans can now keep up with Lones’ tribute on a daily basis.

“What bothers me about TV in general is that everything is disposable,” he says. “I just wanted to preserve the memories.”




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:
http://www.clevelandmagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E73ABD6180B44874871A91F6BA5C249C&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=1578600D80804596A222593669321019&tier=4&id=8AEB30B1F8A14C4E886C5BB2D87C7C40

I want to thank Jim Vickers and Cleveland Magazine for the interview..I appreciate the kind attention..

No comments:

Post a Comment